Friday, October 2, 2009

Lesson 3 - "I do not understand all that I see" - Robert

I have spent some time this week reflecting on and applying this concept. The time that I have is usually on the subway. It's a great place that requires your time, but not your effort or attention - giving you an opportunity to do anything you choose. Here's where I usually get a chance to practice these concepts, although I do occasionally apply them as I remember throughout the day. What I like about working on this website is that it's truly a way to physically interact with the learning process, and as I think about the work and content on this site, it reminds me to apply the concepts from ACIM as well.

The concept for Lesson 3 is "I do not understand all that I see." This idea as written previously by Aaron, has to do with the idea that there is a plan for all of this. All of this that we see around us, all that we know is in accordance with a plan. Some people can relate to the word plan, better than words like fate, or destiny... or perhaps divine providence. But essentially the idea attempts to suspend your understanding of all that you see, in such a way as to allow room for another set of pending understandings. This lesson does not deal the pending understanding for all that you see, instead simply attempt the exercise. Well... that's what I did.

At first I found it interesting that my subconscious would rush forth and identify everything for me every time I applied the idea from the lesson. I got used to that, and simply just immersed myself in the experience of "not understanding." I took on a bit of a blank stare as I allowed myself to forget, or not consciously identify the various components of my environment. I did find a rhythm though and found it quite pleasant as the burden of knowledge was lifted. The burden of having to know everything you look at, and just be.

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment